Saturday, March 9, 2013

Daughter of The King.

There is a first time for everything. The first time a baby takes its first step, or the first time you go into a new store. Whatever it is, there is always an expectation. Big, small, bad or good.
I had been begging to go to Chickfila and Target. I wanted to tackle both in one day. Now this was a big stretch. We are talking not going anywhere except to therapy/doctors to going to my favorite places. 
I had this whole picture in my head. It was going to be amazing. 
We pulled into Chickfila and went in and enjoyed a nice lunch. Then we drove over to Target. We walked in, and I was so excited. I asked my parents if I could look around by myself and they said yes. I was so excited to see people. I noticed they were staring at me for some reason, I was so confused. Then it hit. I felt embarrassed. Seconds later a woman turned to her child who was about 3 or 4 and said "Honey look at her, doesn't she look funny? She looks like a freak doesn't she?" Now, not only was I embarrassed I was ashamed, of something I couldn't control. I was so upset, how could a stranger treat me so badly. But God quickly reminded me that the world and everyone in it will fail me but He, my God, will ALWAYS love me! No matter what, two arms or one. The rest of that day and  the next few days were constant struggles, and having to constantly surrender. 
A few weeks later we went to a pancake breakfast to support a wonderful man. He is a soldier that lost his two legs, and the proceeds were going to him and his lovely wife. Afterwards, I realized I  needed to get a few things at Target. So we went in and again, I went off and got my stuff. I started to get in a lot of pain, so I went and sat in the eating area while my parents finished shopping. 
I started playing on my phone and then I put it down and just as I did I heard this loud group of people laughing. 
A group of about 7 or 8 people my age. They were all pointing and laughing at me. One guy said "She is so ugly she should be in a freak show." Other things were said and then they left. I looked around and saw people laughing too. 
At that moment I wanted to cry, but I felt like God was saying "Ellie pray for them." I thought, uhh yeah right. They had hurt me, really BAD. 
I got up and found my parents. We left and when we got home I told them what happened. I even told them that I felt like I should pray for the people the laughed at me, but it was so hard to grasp the thought of praying for them when they were so hurtful.
That night I was on my computer on Facebook and someone had posted a song, so I listened to it. After the song was done it gave me suggestions of more songs and I clicked on "Losing" by Tenth Avenue North. 
I had heard this song many times on the radio before my wreck but the video I was watching had the lyrics typed out and it was the exact song I needed to hear. 
I felt this need to pray for those people, I felt God saying literally get on your knees and pray for them.
I forgave them right there, and I felt free. 
I realized that no matter if people stare or say harsh things, God thinks I am beautiful. Why? Because He created me, and I am the daughter of The King.
(This is the video/song I watched that day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment